Sunday, June 6, 2010

Spring time, finally!

Well, yup it's been a while. But never fear I have returned!! And with lots to say, and lots of photos. I was having a hard time with just typing out everything that was happening, and got the idea of just having a picture blog. Good idea eh? Fits me well because I LOVE taking pictures, and a picture is worth a 1000 words. So I just might go overboard on this whole thing, but I hope you guys enjoy it. How many of you out there read this anyway? I sometimes wonder. . . Well, let us start with . . . (this is proving to be a difficult process for the computer, -computer choking noises in background-.)

Honey's eggs hatched!!!!! Or shall I say egg, we sadly lost 5, but this lucky little handsome/cute chicky is doing so well. Getting stubborn too. We aren't sure of the gender, any guesses?? I know that's a hard picture to see, but you could just take a wild guess, and then if your right, you get.... Bragging rights!! haha. I haven't named it yet, shall we name it Charlie, that's a name that could go both ways right? Boy, girl? I'd say so, but when I mentioned that before my grandma gave me a weird look. I think it was because I was in the whole, "Charlie bit my finger" . . . oh never mind.

Momma is cookin' those eggs still! You know how I had said she was sitting on 6? Not anymore! A couple days ago when I was gathering the eggs I peaked under her - only 5 eggs. I couldn't find the other and was starting to worry I had lost my mind and taken one, but don't worry I hadn't. The next afternoon I peaked under her again, and only 3 this time.. Now I was really confused! I finally figured out that she had rolled them out of the chicken coop, and the others had eaten them. I took one(that she had thrown out) though, and cracked it open to see if they where dead, and perhaps she knew it, or if she was the one going crazy. Turns out she wasn't, there was an embryo inside, but WAY to small to hatch in just one week - it had died and I think she knew so out went those eggs. So that must mean there are three live chicks right? Lets hope so, I'll keep you updated!


This little chica feels left out, she's become broody as well and is driving me crazy. I thought it would be cool to let her sit on one of her own eggs(because her breed is so rare) so it would be a Blue Red laced wyandotte crossed with a Wellsummer, or something along those lines. So we did. Just one though. It wasn't long before she was out of that nest and in the next, she wouldn't stay on her egg! So it got cold, and that was her last chance -sigh-


My girl is doing so well!! I couldn't be more proud of her, today my grandma and I where wondering if we got the wrong horse. ;) She was acting so different, so well behaved. In this picture I was preparing to jump all over her. She was tolerating this so well, she allowed me to jump up on her and place all my weight on her back. Yay!!! And look how pretty she is, check out her beautiful quarter horse butt(for those of you who don't know, quarter horses have big butts.. or are supposed to I guess.), haha. I can't wait to start riding her!


Garden(the garden is up through that gate, cool huh?) time! My grandma finally got the chance to plant her garden this week. :] I helped plant the onions, and peppers. I can't wait to scarf down a yummy salad fresh from the garden this summer. Complete with lettuce, candy onions, cherry tomatoes.. Mmmm my mouth is already watering. She didn't get around to planting one thing, the beets. Weirdly enough, I started craving beets after she said that. I want the canned beets though, the sweet ones that turn everything purple.. Or is this something else? I should attack the fruit room and find some from previous years.

Well folks, that's all for today! Hope you guys enjoyed, talk to you soon..





































1 comment:

  1. I love it, and wish I could have been there to experience it all. :O) THanks for all the pictures to that is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete